Saturday, July 14, 2007

7/11-7/13: in slow motion the blast is beautiful

Wednesday 7/11:

Wednesday was a day of mostly relaxing, thank god.. After reading a bit in the morning, Oma and I drove to Oeschelbronn, which is where she grew up. Got to see the house she was born in and where she worked and all. Then we visited with her cousin. Lots of fast talking that I didn't understand. V v boring. Went back to Engelsbrand, had dinner with Monika, Jurgen and Sarah, chatted for a while. Heiko and Angelika came over to make sure everything was all set for my trip to Bremen and set me up with a small rolling bag to take along. Lots more reading. Ahhhhhh.

Thursday 7/12:

Up at 6am to catch the train... oh man. Thursday was like, the longest day ever. I read more than half of HBP on the train from Karlsruhe to Hannover. Lily met me on the platform in Hannover and we continued to Bremen together. \o/ Also, some random nice chick in the seat in front of me helped me get my stuff down from the high shelf. Germans are nice. We got to Bremen and walked to her apartment from the train station, stopping along the way to buy tickets for the Harry Potter movie, dropped off my stuff, went grocery shopping and went to Order of the Phoenix. In German.

After OotP we hung around here for a wee bit and I was really tired and then met up with one of Lily's friends for dinner. Ummm.. I feel like I'm forgetting something else, but. Good vacation from my vacation, yes.

Friday 7/13:

Slept 'til a zillion o clock while Lily went to work briefly. So nice to sleep in a room by myself. Seriously. We went wandering and shopping and looking at stuff most of the day. Germany is the haven of long stripy socks. OMG. I like Bremen. It's very, very different from Engelsbrand, obviously, as it's a city and in the North.

After we came back and ate dinner (I made something with lots of vegetables we'd gotten at the grocery store on Thursday) and drank wine and watched Supernatural on the projector screen in Lily's living room. Yeah. We watched the last 3 episodes of season two. It was little overwhelming in a way that is fantastic. There was much, much flailing.

While thoroughly overwhelmed by larger than life Winchesters, I met some more Germans, friends of Lily's. And listened to some German and understood a little. Previously, I'd almost forgotten I'm in another country, as Lily and I have been babbling quickly about many things in English the whole time. And then it was 2am and time for sleeping.

No comments: