Wednesday, July 4, 2007

hallo aus deutschland!

I've arrived. I am in one piece. I have the internets, 'cause that was something common that we speak once my Oma went off to hello other relatives. There is much speaking of troll (point and grunt... anyone can speak troll) and consulting wee little books. But. My German is not actually as terrible as I suspected, and I can even make real sentences if I don't stop to think about it too much. \o/ (<--I couldn't make those keys on the german keyboard I was using before. Infuriating!) The flight was long but not too bad except for the the complete not sleeping and the end which was through stormclouds and rather thoroughly nauseating. Germany is pretty. Cars here are, overall, smaller and interesting looking. Anyway. I don't have a plug set up yet and I don't really know where in my suitcase the converters are, so I'mma go and try and speak some German. And perhaps remember people's names. (Oh man, it's only 10am there. It's 4pm here... only four more hours 'til I'm allowed to sleep......)

Okay, there's now a cheat sheet of people mentioned most often here up for your reference ;)

No comments: