Sunday, July 22, 2007

7/22: how my weekend didn't actually suck

I have so many things to say about today. About how going to France got cancelled and how I was so angry and frustrated and all capslock like Harry-from-OotP from being treated like I'm six years old early this afternoon and then Norman and Bianca took me out for a giant surprise that apparently everybody but me knew about, and I was so freaking clueless, and we drove to Pforzheim and park and walk and go into a store and it sort of half registers that it's a book store and we go up the stairs and I'm still completely freaking clueless and we stop at a counter and Norman asks for something in German that he's reserved and THEN HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS IS IN MY ARMS BECAUSE WE'D SO SO SO SO BRIEFLY TALKED ABOUT IT LAST NIGHT AND I WASN'T EVEN SURE HE UNDERSTOOD AND THEY BOUGHT IT FOR ME. !!!!!! BEST. SURPRISE. EVER. And since then I've been out and about having all freaking sorts of awesome-tastic fun having a day from about 3pm on completely without my Oma (who I love, but is a bit much in that way that means 100 times worse than having my mom glued to my side 23 hours a day) just hanging out with various young family members and going to a street fair and a wee concert and drinking wine and meeting people and having really good conversations in English AND German. I am kind of scared to start it because. Well. It's the last one. But. It's hard not to go sit and read the whole freaking thing rightnow but tomorrow I have to get up early for family things that in all probability will not be cancelled. I should really go to sleep. Really. I can bring the book with me tomorrow and read it while they're all yammering on in very fast Swaebisch that I can't understand about things that are boring anyway.

No comments: